Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Maren's 3rd Birthday!

The events started on Wednesday, which was her birthday. If you will remember from my last post, Maren wanted everything pink.
Kimmii, Hannah, and Maren helped make Maren's pink cupcakes.
They then decorated them with pink frosting and sprinkles. We each had one, then headed over to Chuck-E-Cheese to have some pizza and play some games. I forgot my camera, but I will say that Maren rode the pink horse on the carousel about ten times.
This is from the party on Saturday! We wanted to wait till Kelsie came home from Texas to celebrate. This is the cute dress that Nanna sent for her birthday.
Josh took all of the kids to the Dollar Store and they each picked out a gift for Maren. This was a puzzle Jonas gave her.
This is a fun story. You know how Maren only wants to wear pink, or colors that are close to pink. Well, Josh and I found this cute dress that is navy with purple and green polka dots. I told everyone at the party to ooh and aah when she opened it so that she would think that it is pretty and wear it. You should have heard all the commotion! We had Morgan, Andrew, Zack, Sara, my whole family, and Erika aaaahing over this dress. She laid it out on the floor to see it, and needless to say, she wore the dress on Sunday.
Another good story! A few weeks ago, Hannah's little pink scooter that Maren loved got ran over by the van. So we knew that this is what we wanted to get Maren for her birthday.
She put on her new tennies and had a go! We love the way she leans back and rides.
I made this cake for Maren's birthday. I hope to get better with every cake I decorate.
It was a fun time had by all. Thanks for all the gifts and participation!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

What fun! I am glad she went for the polka dot dress! ;)

Braden has really been into scooters lately too ... he's been riding Aubrey's old princess scooter. I bet Taylor wished it would get ran over!

Jennifer said...

It looks like Maren had a wonderful birthday and got alot of great presents. I liked the blue, polka-dot dress.

Alan and Shelley said...

Looks like lots of fun was had by all. I like the heart cake. I would have loved one myself when I was three years old. What a special girl.

Madison said...

I can't believe we forgot about that... I feel like such a ditz... ugggggg. I love the song on your blog though

Lorena said...

She is so cute, I can't believe she is 3 years old! you were just blessing her when we moved here. Now she is a cute little girl!