I must be the meatball queen or something!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. sausage
Saute' the finely chopped onion in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the onion, 1 egg, salt and pepper to the minced meat. Mix well!
brown them covered.
Sauce:
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. chili sauce (Old Fashioned)
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1/3 c. water
1/3 c. brown sugar
pour over and steam for about 10 minutes.
We always eat these with rice and vegies!
Although Josh likes the ones from Ikea, and I have been known to make them, I love homemade. This recipe is from a Scandinavian cookbook Josh brought home from Sweden.
Use the same meatball recipe from above. The recipe calls for 1 Tbsp chopped chives and ground cloves. The store bought just don't give enough flavor for this recipe.
sauce:
1 oz. flour, 8 fl. oz. meat stock, 8 fl. oz. fresh cream
Stir the flour into the fat in the frying pan and brown it. Stir in the meat stock . Add the cream and let the sauce cook, covered, for about 10 minutes. In Sweden you would serve it hot with dinner, or cold as a starter!
We usually eat these over rice or pasta, but in Sweden they eat them over mashed potato's.

1 comment:
Stacy,
Looks yummy! I'm going to try the Swedish Meatballs tonight.
Bridgette
Post a Comment