Friday, August 20, 2010

Josh's Work Party!

Josh had a work party up Little Cottonwood Canyon! I can't remember which ski resort this is. It was great to get up here. We don't usually come up this canyon during summer or to ski in the winter due to the kids ski free at Brighton. Even though it poured on us some of the time, we had a great time.
Thanks, SPS!

All the kids were able to do lots of the flips on the tramps.


Maren barely made the 30 pound weight mark to jump, but she decided against it.

Lift to the alpine slide, which I must say was my favorite part.

Es and Maren love the bouncy houses.


Jonas was amazing as he scaled this tall maountain. He was given the hardest side and made it all the way to the top. Ooops, I just deleted the pic that shows him at the top.

The girls loved running up and down the big hills that made up the ski resort.


Jonas and Hannah climbed a bunch of ropes while Kelsie and I rode the zip line. I can't even tell you how scary that was. First of all, it was a very windy day. They closed the zip line just after Kels and I went down. I bet I was going about 60 down that thing. I slammed into the springs that are supposed to catch you and gently stop you. What a nightmare! I thought I was dead for sure, I saw the end coming. The springs just gave way and my rigging flew into the bar at the end and then I got snapped back. The fellow who was there to help you get down came running over and was falling all over himself asking if I was okay. I knew that had been pretty bad. Kelsie is a bit lighter than me, so her ride wasn't so bad. I must say that it will be my first and last ride ever.

More climbing of the ropes!




It was a fun day with our family! I have some mechanical bull riding video that will come next!

2 comments:

alli said...

Jeepers, Stacy! Glad you are okay. I've never trusted those zip lines!!!! They had one in Grindelwald that Lauren tried to talk me into. Nope, not going on it now!!! Great photos of the kids. Looks like a great day out. Is it the same place we had the family reunion at?

Stacy said...

No that was up at Park City. This was just 15 minutes up Cottonwood Canyon. Which ever ski resort is up by Alta!