Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Biggest Wooser!

I have wanted to do this for a while. I would like for everyone to know how the family biggest loser is going. It is now down to three contestants, I believe. We have decided that it is about a healthier lifestyle. Not just about losing weight. But as we all know that with living a healthier lifestyle comes a better body. That is the reward not the goal! I would like for the fam to know so that we have support where ever we go. The beginning of our journey is almost over. We have decided to weigh in every week now and to make healthy goals once a week now. The goal for this week was to exercise four times a week. Difficult to say the least, but we would like for this to become a lifetime habit! Just to post our success Sara has lost 5 lbs, I am at 12 lbs., and Josh is at a whopping 16 lbs. Isn't it great! We started back at the begining of the year, but we have really only been trying for the last week. I think it is great and hope that in the long run I will live healthier. No Diabetes, No High Blood Pressure, No Heart Disease! I really don't want the things that run in my family. I am changing the cycle. Hopefully Josh and Sara won't mind the world announcement!

7 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

I thought I was in. I never really dropped out. I am actually still working out and eating better and weighing in on my own. Who said I wasn't in it anymore!!!!!

The Schauerhamers said...

just a follow up.... It was just a bad week that one time and I never meant that I wanted to quit all together. I just can't bet past this one number and I still need your support so I hope that I can still be in...

Stacy said...

Of course! You are on the paper. Your first weight in is there. Do you know that our final weight in is in just over a month. Yikes! Okay, I need to remember it is about being healthy! I just found that I do better if by weighting in every week. It keeps it in my mind what I am trying to accomplish. I also found that I need lots of support. It helps to talk about it all of the time. We thought you might have needed a little breather. It really isn't about the numbers, they just come with the healthy part!
Love ya!

Marlies said...

Way to go guys! That is awesome. I have actually started a seperate blog to report and record my healthy lifestyle success. If you are interested let me know what email you use and I will invite you as it is private(I am willing to share with my friends, but not the world).

Stacy said...

Nice to see the fire back in you Morgan!

Alan and Shelley said...

I am doing my own biggest loser her in Idaho. I recently heard that people who are overweight are not as likely to be active everyday. The person said that most people who are healthy or have a high meatabolism take more steps during the day than their overweight counterparts. He said 6000 steps was what thinner people took while overweight people only took about 4000 steps. I decided to get a pedometer ($20) and measure myself. Sure enough, two days in a row I didn't even make it over 4000 steps. YIKES. So the next day, Tuesday, I went out for a walk, and the more I walked and watched my pedometer, the more I wanted to walk. I loved the numbers going up. It was addictive. So my goal, is to walk alot and get my metabolism back where it was when I was younger and fit. I'm hoping that watching the portions (After walking from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. yesterday, I felt like eating only half my dinner) and the excercise I will not be squeezing myself into all my outfits. I guess it will be slow, so I have to learn to be patient. I also watch my recording of Alli winning the biggest loser. She looked amazing

Lorena said...

Way to go little Cuz. I'm proud of you, for just wanting to be healthier. I'm at and age and stage were I'm running into problems because I haven't done what you have done. Good luck.
(I did e-mail you, but I guess you never got it. When is Bridget coming? Do you know yet?)