Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and a Birthday!

Okay, this is a bit late. My Dads birthday has always fallen on Mother's Day or very near it. He has been having some serious health problems, and has been on my mind much lately.
There are so many sweet memories that come back when I think about our relationship. A little crazy, but one of my favorite things is flat Sprite. My dad would come home from work when I was little and get a nice big glass of Sprite filled with ice. It would get left sitting on a coffee table and I would find it after it had been sitting awhile and the ice had melted. I would gulp the rest of it down. Funny!
One of my first dates was blind. It was set up by a friend of mine and the guy was actually a man of the age 26. I was 16! My dad informed me that he could come over and watch a movie at our house. Soon after he arrived to watch (American Dreamer, yikes, can you believe I made him watch that) the movie, my dad showed up wearing his Sheriff's Department uniform and sat right down on the couch and watched the movie with us. I feel bad that they both had to sit through that. Although, I think Dad enjoyed his role!
If you know him, or even if you don't, will you please send your thoughts or prayers his way!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Praying for your dad!

Alisa said...

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for visiting my blog! It was cool that you commented (always good to identify a stalker!). :)

It looks like we have something in common with our dads being ill. I certainly am thinking of him and your family and hope for the best.

Alan and Shelley said...

Dear Stacey, I was so sad to hear about your dad. I loved your cute stories about the flat sprite and your blind date. I'm wondering what your dad thought when he saw such an older guy sitting with his 16 year old. I guess that's why he stuck with you through the movie. Good for him. We are thinking of you both and pray that the Lord will bless him.