It is always very difficult for me to read books that invole oppression. I preferred this book to The Kite Runner. I hate the abuse of children even if it is fiction. This story of two women is beautiful. The culture is eye opening and heart wrenching. Mariam's sacrifice is a tear jerker! I love the sisterhood that is felt! Two Thumbs up!
I like this author's writing style. There are a few curse words that you must overlook, but overall a very interesting story! I found out at the end of this book that it is a second in a series of two! There was no need for the first, but I might go back and read it now.
One Thumb up!
This is a movie that I will not see, obviously! The book was on the vulgar side. The use of vocabulary was far from the anything I have been used to. It is hard to hear such terms used when speaking of love.
I did enjoy reading about WWII from the British perpective, but feel that I could have gotten it somewhere else with a lot less vulgarity.
One Thumb Down!
You might ask when I have time to read having five kids. I will answer with, an hour after bedtime and an hour before waking up the kids.
I like this author's writing style. There are a few curse words that you must overlook, but overall a very interesting story! I found out at the end of this book that it is a second in a series of two! There was no need for the first, but I might go back and read it now.One Thumb up!
This is a movie that I will not see, obviously! The book was on the vulgar side. The use of vocabulary was far from the anything I have been used to. It is hard to hear such terms used when speaking of love.I did enjoy reading about WWII from the British perpective, but feel that I could have gotten it somewhere else with a lot less vulgarity.
One Thumb Down!
You might ask when I have time to read having five kids. I will answer with, an hour after bedtime and an hour before waking up the kids.
2 comments:
What would we do without books? I feel really bad for people who do not like to read. They are really missing out. I think I will have to read the book with the little boots on it. Maybe I will start with the first one.
I'm glad to have the review of "atonement". I won't even bother wondering about it anymore. It is upsetting that so many authors resort to vulgarity when writing a love story. I loved "a thousand splendid suns" too. I was really moved by the two women characters and came to love the older one. she was good and strong in the end. I will try to look at the other one.
Post a Comment