Friday, May 8, 2009

A Beautiful Thorn In My Side!

You call it Wisteria! And I have two!!

It covers the trellis over our deck out back.

It has the most beautiful purple flowers and they give the most wonderful aroma!

Here's the thorn: There always seems to be a hail storm the first week of May that knocks them all down, by mid May the vines have grown half-way up the back side of our house and all over our dish, they also get so strong that they tear apart the railing on our deck. The trouble is, we just can't keep up with them. Josh suggested that we take them down last year and got an earful from me! Why can't either of us have been a professional arborist, sigh.......

These days we spend all of our time outside.

We can't stay out front for long, because the girls love to chase the quail out into the road. I must say how much I love seeing the quail come out in the Spring. Hopefully, not to long before we see the little trail of babies.

Es was wanting to use the scooter so bad, I guess she will have to have her own since big sis won't share!

The lovely Candytuft!

The first strawberries of the season! Hope the birds will let us have some this year.

This is the way Es always ends after a slide.

These were a little out of order!

The favorite place to be in the backyard for the little girls.

My girls, minus one, at the temple.


2 comments:

sara said...

Cute little pics of the girls outside. I think the wisteria is beautiful. My vote is not to cut it down.

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures of the girls. I love your wisteria.