It has come time to wean Esme and I am having a difficult time. Not with the process, but with the fact that I am doing it. She is almost 10 months and eats solid food great. Nursing never came very easy to me, but the thought of never doing it again is bitter sweet! As I look back upon the sweet, quiet moments of nursing my babies, I get a little lump in my throat to know that this will be the last. You mothers who will head down this road, enjoy this beautiful process of nurturing.
5 comments:
That is sad. I guess it easy to not miss it when you think there will be more babies to come.
Who would have thought that this would be something you would ever have mixed feelings about. I remember your bottle feeding little Hannah all the while you were pumping and then the torture of Jonas. By the time Maren and Essie rolled around you were an old pro. Poor little Essie! Have you informed her of your plans?
I remember feeling the same way about weaning Banner at 13 months. I still miss it sometimes. It was such a good way to comfort and calm my girls. I wish it was as easy to comfort and calm them now. Good luck to you and litle Essie.
I remember nursing and thinking "this is the greatest way to feed a baby." Calming for baby and for mom, at least it always was for me. And then we could both take a nap afterwards. I was laughing at Jenny's comment and thought yeah, that Miranda needs a good nursing. Sorry Miranda! I hope its not as hard for Essie as it is for you. Morgan was simple, she did it herself, but Zack was almost as hard to wean as Leslie was.
You will miss it, but there are better things to come. Like the last diaper you have to change, the first time you get to sit through church without taking anybody out. You have the school days all to yourself, to get done what ever you want. Good things will come!
Post a Comment