Monday, June 29, 2009

JUNE!

What a month! I will begin with the first part of June. Here Jones is getting his Soaring Eagle award at school.
The Scholar!!
Ofcourse, Hannah received one!
I left Salt Lake with six kids, two of which could drive. There were a few knee gripping moments, but overall the driving went pretty well. Here the kids are climbing Wilson Arch!
It was good exercise during a two day drive!
They made it to the top in just a few short minutes.
I just need to add a little story from this crazy trip! We stopped at a gas station in Green River. Jonas really needed to go. He jumped out of the van and ran in. I helped get the girls shoes on and sent them in to the girls bathroom. I wanted to wait outside of the mens room for Jonas. I waited and waited and waited. Plenty of men went in and out. I finally decided to yell into the mens room. This kid about my height came walking out and said that some guy was in there messing with my kid. (Everything turns out okay). FREAK OUT!! I went storming into the mens room and started pounding on the doors. I even tried to kick one in, not strong enough to actually do it though! I was screaming Jonas' name and yelling at whoever had my kid to let him go. I even went as far as to look under all of the stalls. Just men, no Jonas! I realized that he was not in there and ran to the car, where Jonas was with Erika. I grabbed him and hugged him so hard. I got in the car and told Erika to get us out of there. Everyone was staring at the crazy lady. I started laughing so hard, I nearly wet my pants. Kelsie was dying to know what happened. I could barely get the story out. Some teenage kid is going to get strangled in the next life!!
We made it to Texas after a quick get your brakes fixed in Albequrque. This is what the kids did while Bridgette and I were packing up the house. Built big tunnels in the sand!
This is what Jonas did! CT Network!
We also spent every afternoon in the pool. It was to hot to do anything else! Maren has to wear a long sleave shirt to protect her beautiful porcelain skin!

Our little ducky did not like the pool very well!
This fish did!

Here are a few views from my parents place! This is the ranch across the highway! It goes on forever.
Here is the new house that the rancher was building that bought my parents land and ranch house. One of the prettiest ranch houses I have ever seen!
Block out this house and look at the hydrangea's. Wow!! I would give anything to grow them like that here!
I told Kelsie that this southern house would be the only way to get me back to Gilmer, Texas!
This is a picture that brings back so many fond memories!
Essie giving Papa a cuddle!

This farmhouse is the house on the 500 acres that we lived in as kids. The ranch has completely been let go. The cattle and horses were gone. The house looked so tiny as we saw it as adults.
This is a magnolia tree, they were in full bloom all over the place.
Bridgette went and picked one for me. The fragrance was so amazing!
On the way home we caravaned with my sister Bridgette. We always love to stop at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. It is a fresh water pond or spring, I can't remember which. There were a lot of scuba divers there.
My sweet girl, she was so good on this trip! Wearing her Gilmer, Buckeye t-shirt.
The kids, Colton, Heyden, Hannah, Tucker, Jonas, Maren, Esme, and Erika (my dark haired daughter).
Top of the Blue Hole.
Please excuse the typos, I will fix them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

I'm so glad you haven't abandoned the blogging world. I thought because you were so busy and occupied lately that maybe we wouldn't be seeing or hearing anything from you this summer. You and i are in the same situation - family moving close to us - and I know its kind of funner to spend time with them than to post. But I'm so glad you did. I laughed again at the story of Jonas and you at the bathroom. What a scarey thought. I'm proud of you for going after the bad guy in the bathroom (even fictitious).I loved seeing thepictures of Texas, and the place where you grew up. Where was that hydrangea? Magnolias and hydrangeas! Oh how I would love to have them in my yard. So good to see pics of the Jorgensen kids.

The Schauerhamers said...

love the pictures of texas! I always wondered where it was you left every so often. Those flowers are beautiful. I can't wait to see you all again when Whit comes home! I am so excited! Love you all and we'll have to skype soon.