The Catholic Churches are beautiful here. I take photos of them all. I will make a larger blog when I get home.
The closest LDS branch is a bit of a ways and not wanting to put out Alli we decided to walk next door to the Catholic Church. I have been to numerous Mass' considering the fact that my fathers side of the family are all of that religion. Mostly mass weddings!
The organist was a pro, what amazing music. I loved how there was music throughout the entire hour. The robes were magnificent. There was a window up high that let in rays of sunlight that enhanced the beauty of the church. We sat on wooden and wicker chairs. At times during the Priests sermon that individual from the congregation would speak.
The alter boys were adorable. The bells that call the people to church were charming.
Over all it was an amazing experience. I love taking in all of the culture of France.
2 comments:
The choir boys don't hold a candle to the lovely children in the nursery that I was priviliged to help out with today. Esme was well mannered and only threw a fit when I told her not to dip her animal crackers in her water. I did not realize that this was a nursery tradition. It was great to talk to you. See you in a few days.
Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves in france. Hope you mom and sis's are all well and having fun with you. Can't wait to see all the amazing pics you're going to post.
Post a Comment