Thursday, September 10, 2009

Iron fell on lip

That's what they called it in the emergency room. I was sitting on my bed folding the laundry, and out of the corner of my eye, I see the iron falling to the ground. I hear screaming and ran to Essie. There was a lot of blood, so I grabbed a cloth and ran to the kitchen yelling for Josh. We were checking her out and trying to get the bleeding to quit when I saw a tooth sitting on her jammies. The entire tooth! That's about when I lost it and started running around the house to get everything we would need at the emergency room. Alta View is the best! We got right in and the very best doctor took over. I was very impressed. She has a cut on the inside and outside of her lip which they said could use two stitches, but will probably not scar without. We opted for no stitches considering the trama and drama she had already experienced. Her bones where she lost the tooth look good, but a visit to the pediatric dentist is in order. So, for the next five years Essie will have a big gaping hole in her pretty, little smile.

We loved you #G, but so long till kindergarten.


9 comments:

sara said...

Oh my gosh! Can little Essie get one denture? I feel so bad. Poor little thing. At first when I read the heading I was expecting a burn or something to her lip. I feel so bad. I hope she is okay. See you on Saturday

Melanie said...

Oh, ouch! That makes me hurt just looking at it! Hope she starts feeling better soon!

Stucki Family said...

I glad it wasn't more serious. I hope Essie gets well soon.

Lorena said...

Oh bless her heart. It just kills to watch your little babies be so hurt. I'm surprized they didn't put her tooth back in. I have heard of several instances where they stuck the tooth back in and it stayed. But I'm glad she is doing ok, these little ones are tough:-)

Jennifer said...

Poor little Essie. Her smile will be cute whether she has all of her teeth or not.

Alan and Shelley said...

Oh, Poor Essie. When Morgan told me an iron fell on Essie, I immediately thought of a bad burn, and I was so relieved it just cut her and knocked out a tooth. Really, I was so relieved that she wasn't going to have a large face scar. She'll be so cute with her cute little hole in her smile. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

liz and dennis said...

too bad for essie. sometimes i've heard of them putting in little bridges to keep the spacing of the teeth. i talked to leslie about when she would like to go to the temple and i think she might want to do it the weekend jonas is baptized just to save eveyone lots of travelling. i will let her blog about it when she's sure. give poor little essie a hug from me. love liz

Anne Adele said...

I'm feeling so sad for Essie. I'm glad that there is such a thing as pediatric dentists. So glad that she has a back up tooth. She just has to wait for it to make an appearance.

Marlies said...

poor girl! I am so sorry to hear that happened. I hate when the little ones get hurt!