Friday, September 19, 2008

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop?

I was just wondering how many other people count! I count everything these days. I used to never do this. It started a few years ago when I fell down the stairs at my house. I was carrying a big box and down I went. I thought I was at the end, but really had a few stairs left. I had a very bad sprain that took a few months to recover from. From that point on I started counting the steps when I went up or down them. Then it turned totally OCD! I started counting everything, steps, bites of food, how many rocks it takes in the rocking chair to get Esme to sleep. I now have to make myself stop counting things. I really wish that I had OCD with cleaning my house!

9 comments:

Tennyson said...

I think i'm prone to OCD things also. Like when I used to type everything I would here people say. I had to always tell myself not to do it and I don't do it as much now.

Tennyson said...

oh man ok i meant hear. sorry i had to fix that it was bugging me.

Lorena said...

That is to funny. I'm with you on the OCD clean well organized house thing. I just think it's funny that you have to count. I talk to much and would mess up my counting and that would make me more nuts!

Anne Adele said...

I just tried to leave a comment confessing all my little OCD peeves and then I lost it. I am now thinking better of my personal truthfulness and I'll just admit to some issues that I'm still working on. Aren't we all plagued by some pretty habits?

The Schauerhamers said...

I count how many steps it takes me to get around the school. I also count most everything else. I don't realize i'm doing it until I realize that SOMETHING is driving me CRAZY..... oh i'm just counting again!

Alan and Shelley said...

I started my counting habit long ago when I was watering the pigs. I would count how many steps it took me to go with the buckets from the faucet to the pens. It didn't matter how many times I had to do it each day, I still counted every step. Then when I went to BYU I counted the steps I took from building to building. When I was running I would count how many steps between each telephone pole. Sometimes I would count how many steps in a mile. Sometimes at night when I can't sleep I have tried to remember how many steps I took between here and there during the day which then totally makes me crazy. I never count chewing, but I am obsessed with steps and I even count the ticking of my bedroom clock. OK, that's really weird. So when I find that I'm counting to much, which usually happens at least once a day, I start throwing random numbers in so I get mixed up and I will stop counting. Otherwise, I would count the whole day long. Its very tiring to my mind.

Miranda Gutierrez said...

When someone is talking I always pick up on a word and count the strokes it would take to write it. And it has to be divisible of five. It gets pretty intense sometimes... and it takes a lot to stop...

Marlies said...

That is the funniest thing. I would try it out myself but it sounds like it has turned out dangerous for you. Maybe you should sing songs in your head to break yourself of that habit.

Banner Fauver said...

i always couny what i am reading. i count how many stairs there are in every house and i memorize them. most houses have 14 stairs.